Welcome to La Fontaine
Welcome to La Fontaine Montessori, a comprehensive French Immersion Childcare and Learning Centre offering the best in Montessori Education for children ages 2 1/2 to 6 years old. Qualified and dedicated staff keep children busy exploring and learning with age-appropriate planned activities. Our goal is to touch your child’s imagination through exploration, language, games and activities with an eco-friendly focus.
- Casa Program
French Immersion Up To Grade 1
- Before And After-School
The goal at La Fontaine Montessori is to encourage your child’s self-confidence, self-motivation, and independence within a French Immersion environment. We foster your child’s ability to explore the world through senses and movement. La Fontaine Montessori has structured its programs in order to fulfill the needs of each child at a certain age. The staff is committed to not only the physical needs of each child but also the formation of their character, emotional and intellectual development. Every opportunity is taken to provide enriching experiences to cultivate your child’s natural curiosity and interests.
Dr. Maria Montessori, the woman behind the method, believed, “that education begins at birth and that the first few years of life, being the most formative, are the most important, both physically and mentally”. Through normal and gradual learning processes, behaviour patterns are established. Learning in the years from birth to six years of age will largely determine the kind of person the child will become.
The benefits of choosing a Montessori childcare and learning centre, like La Fontaine Montessori include:
- development of the whole child as a preparation for life
- respect for the needs, rights, and dignity of each child as a full and independent person
- respect for learning for the process, not the products it produces
- development of independence, self-confidence, and self-esteem
- fosters good health and nutritional eating habits
- develops independent thinkers and problem solvers
- builds empathy from a young age
- encourages a deep respect for nature and all living things